happiness AND LOVE
There is no way to happiness. Happiness is the way.
The mind is the source of happiness and unhappiness.
Tame the mind. This is the greatest challenge before you. It rushes here and there, swifter than the wind, more slippery than water. If you can arrest the flights of the mind to your will, happiness will be assured to you.
The wise man takes great care to guard his thoughts. They are very subtle, very difficult to perceive and slip out of control at the tinniest opportunity. A well guarded mind brings happiness.
The Wheel of Life in Buddhism
We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves.
To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one's family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one's own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.
All that we are is the result of what we have thought. If a man speaks or acts with an evil thought, pain follows him. If a man speaks or acts with a pure thought, happiness follows him, like a shadow that never leaves him.
The Tao of Happiness
Let the wise guard their thoughts, which are difficult to perceive, extremely subtle, and wander at will. Thought which is well guarded is the bearer of happiness.
If you keep thinking of all the way in which others cheated you, fought with you, degraded you or angered you, your heart will forever be full of hatred. Learn to let go, and be happy.
Meditate. Live purely. Be quiet. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine.
He who is seeking his own happiness and who punishes those who also long for happiness is running after a chimera. No happiness shall come his way for having destroyed that of others.
Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
The wise man knows that the earnestness is the most beautiful jewel in his crown. His happiness is not marred. It is the only jewel which gains in beauty with every passing day, where diamonds and rubies lose their gloss with every passing day.
The good man should not tire of his good deeds. Till their fruit ripens, he may have to suffer bad times. But once the good deeds ripen, his life is suffused with happiness.
Though a man may strive, a knowledge will not be perfect while fear and worries cloud his mind. While perplexity robs his mind of peace, his knowledge will not forth the perfume of happiness.
If a man who enjoys a lesser happiness beholds a greater one, let him leave aside the lesser to gain the greater.
"Love is the master key that opens the gate of happiness." ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Achieving Happiness On All Levels
What It takes to achieve happiness on all levels?
It is amazingly simple. You need to do just one thing –
open your heart to love:
love what you have;
love what you do, and
love other people.
Enjoy What You Have
"Most people have never learned that one of the main aims in life is to enjoy it." ~ Samuel Butler
The address of your happiness is your attitude.
The only source of happiness – and unhappiness – comes from inside yourself. Happiness is an attitude . You either make yourself miserable, or happy. Choose to be happy. It is easy! Don't envy what others have and enjoy what you have, enjoy every moment of your life. Don't wait for outer circumstances to make you happy, be happy now and always .
Keep smiling at your fate, and your fate will smile back at you.
"Learn to enjoy every minute of your life. Be happy now. Don't wait for something outside of yourself to make you happy in the future. Think how really precious is the time you have to spend, whether it's at work or with your family. Every minute should be enjoyed and savored." ~ Earl Nightingale
Do What You Love To Do
"Success in its highest and noblest form calls for peace of mind and enjoyment and happiness which come only to the man who has found the work that he likes best."
~ Napoleon Hill
Happiness is freedom to pursue your true passion.
We were born to do not what we are force to do, but what we love to do. If you love what you do, you release your diving c. Continuous creativity, activity and the joy of achievement is a great source of happiness.
Happiness is not about life-business balance, it's about life-business synergy.
Successful people win because they love what they do. You can't tell the dancer from the dance. Actually, your noble passion is your mission. If you find your true passion and devote yourself to it, you’ll find harmony and happiness in your life. You’ll be achieving great results continually and effortlessly.
Begin to do more of what you love now and let that fill your life.
"Finding happiness is like finding yourself. You don't find happiness, you make happiness. You choose happiness. Self-actualization is a process of discovering who you are, who you want to be and paving the way to happiness by doing what brings you the most meaning and contentment to your life over the long run." ~ David Leonhardt.
Build Loving Relationships
"Kindness in words creates confidence,
Kindness in thinking creates profoundness,
Kindness in giving creates love." ~ LaoTzu
Love breeds love. Love people and they will love you back.
If you wish to be happy, strive to make other people happier, help them feel valued and appreciated.
As to your critics, let them keep their negative opinions, and you keep your happiness."How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours," advises Wayne Dyer. Develop compassion. Don't judge people, love them and thoroughly enjoy life and your loving relationships.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." ~ The 14th Dalai Lama of Tibet
Yin and Yang of Happiness
- It isn't what you have, or who you are, or where you are, or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about
- If we think happy thoughts, we will be happy. If we think miserable thoughts, we will be miserable.
- The person who seeks all their applause from outside has their happiness in another's keeping.
- One of the most tragic things I know about human nature is that all of us tend to put off living. We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon instead of enjoying the roses blooming outside our windows today.
- If only the people who worry about their liabilities would think about the riches they do possess, they would stop worrying.
- Are you bored with life? Then throw yourself into some work you believe in with all your heart, live for it, die for it, and you will find happiness that you had thought could never be yours.
- Remember, happiness doesn't depend upon who you are or what you have, it depends solely upon what you think.
- Today's life – the only life you are sure of. Make the most of today. Get interested in something. Shake yourself awake. Develop a hobby. Let the winds of enthusiasm sweep through you. Live today with gusto.
- The essence of all art is to have pleasure in giving pleasure.
- Act as if you were already happy and that will tend to make you happy
- Zen Proverbs and Sayings
- Nothing on earth can overcome an absolutely nonresistant person.
- When an ordinary man gains knowledge, he is a sage; when a sage gains understanding, he is an ordinary man.
- Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the men of old; seek what they sought. – Basho
- Even a good thing isn't as good as nothing. – Chien-ju
- Sitting peacefully doing nothing Spring comes and the grass grows all by itself.
- Where there is great doubt, there will be great awakening; small doubt, small awakening, no doubt, no awakening.
- The instant you speak about a thing, you miss the mark.
- If you're attached to anything, you surely will go far astray.
- Only the crystal-clear question yields a transparent answer.
- Life is the only thing worth living for.
- Better to sit all night than to go to bed with a dragon.
- If you understand, things are just as they are; if you do not understand, things are just as they are.
- When you get to the top of the mountain, keep climbing.
- The mind should be as a mirror.
- Everyday life is the way.
- Great Faith. Great Doubt. Great Effort. – The three qualities necessary for training.
- If you do not get it from yourself, Where will you go for it?
- Do not permit the events of your daily life to bind you, but never withdraw yourself from them.
- One moon shows in every pool, in every pool the one moon.
- Everything the same; everything distinct. – Chien-ju
- As soon as you sense any lingering or obstruction, all of it is false imagining. Just make your mind clean and free, like space, like a mirror, like the sun in the sky. ~ Yuan Wu
- Nothing on earth can overcome an absolutely nonresistant person.