TREE BREATHING MEDITATION
Trees are source of Life energy. They support us with pure and fresh oxygen. In fact they are our lungs. They fill us with much joy and love .They nourish us by any ways. They are part of our being. Just seeing them give us much joy and opening of heart. They are always there to support and nourish us. It is impossible to Human being to survive without them.
This meditation is designed to create deep connection and harmony with the tree by breathing with the tree. This meditation is helpful for people who have any problem related to air, Asthma, high blood pressure, low blood pressure, Heart problem, brain related problem. This meditation can fulfill you with sense of joy and vitality. One feel connectedness with whole earth and universe. This mediation can be done any time of the day.
Tree breathing meditation have 3 stages
First stage 10 min: looking at the trees or plants without any labeling them. Just watch with childlike eye, with innocence, where there are plants, tree or forest. Just watch them and feel the sensation in your body, mind. Be aware of the breathing, your heart beat. Feel the plant, tree or flower is attracting you or calling you. If you get feeling or sensation to go towards particular plant , tree or flower just listen to your intuition and go ahead. If no any feeling and sensation wait for the sensation to emerge in you.
Second stage: Approaching the tree and feel the sensation of the tree. When you are coming close to tree, spread and open your arms and hands, feel any feelings sensation on the surface of your hand, finger or whole body. You may feel tingling or sensation of warmth on the surface of your hand. While you are approaching the tree, plants or flower feel sensation and feeling in your heart and in body. Feel that, tree want you to near to it from which direction. Feel the feeling while you are coming closer to the tree.
3rd stage: Breathing with the tree. Slowly from where you are, according to your feeling and sensation in your body and heart, approach to the tree with love and gratitude. While you are approaching the tree with much love and gratitude, be open and receptive to any sensation on your body. When you come approximately 5-10 feet away from the tree stop there.
1. Standing there shoulder feet apart, with both hands simply resting both side of the body. Deep breathing in and out from the nose with your eyes closed. Feel comfortable with the standing posture, body weight equally distributed to both the legs.
2. Breath in from Down sole of your feet through center of the body towards head going up to top of the tree, when you breath out, imagine you are breathing out from top of tree towards the root of the tree.
3. Repeat the process by breathing in from root of tree towards sole of feet through center of the body up to top of head and going further up to the tree top, breath out from top of tree through center of tree towards the roots.
4. Repeat this process, 9, 18 or 21 times or as per convenience.
5. End the practice simply thanking the tree, to energizing and vitalizing your body and mind. If you wish you can hug the tree and feel the harmony and love or sit beside that tree feel the sensation in your body, witness your body, mind and heart. Feel the touching sensation of air on the skin of the body, any sound (bird, air, car etc.) come and go just witness it without judgment and label.
You can repeat the process with different trees, you may get totally different feelings and sensation in the body. Once you establish strong and loving and harmonious connection with one or two particular tree. Whenever you are not in good mood, just approaching to your particular tree or plant you will feel sense of joy and love. The tree remember our vibration and heartbeat. When you approach again, it will give you same unconditional love and nourishment to your body mind and soul.